Thursday, July 23, 2015

Look At The Lilies


"Velvet Daylily" by Anne Worner is licensed under CC BY 2.0.


And why do you worry about clothes?
 Look at how the lilies in the field grow.
 They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
 But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches
 was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
Matthew 6:28 (NCV)


I wouldn't say I worry about clothes however I do like them and get at least one or two items every season for variety.  I then discard one or two that have been "used up," meaning it is stained or shabby or I've outgrown it(!!)Sometimes they go in bulk and I gradually add sales items because I rarely buy anything at the original price.  I've been trying to replace my black shirts and pants with a variety of colors and now I'm adding some patterns.Sometimes I do without and wish I could have found just the item for which I was shopping or I found it and can't afford it and have to go home without it...

blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.

I just realized that I do worry about clothes.

Thank you, Lord, for providing beautiful things for me to wear and enjoy.  I SO do not deserve your gifts but praise you for them.



No comments: