Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I've Got My Day Planned

Photo by Sally L. Smith


In their hearts humans plan their course,
    but the Lord establishes their steps.
Proverbs 16:9 NIV

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica,                                           Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.



Whenever I read three scriptures in a row about the same subject, I take note.
Today three different devotions (one from yesterday that I didn't have time to read then) was one of those days and this scripture was Number Three.

I'm a list-maker.  When I plan my day, I seem to get a lot of things done but the longer the list, the more stress I feel.  If I let God guide my list, I feel more peace.  I need to pray, "God, if you want me to do these things today, allow me to do them but help me listen to your voice that may override anything I've planned."
When I follow my divine interruptions, I feel like I've listened to God and have a peace about my day that a finished list of worldly things doesn't give.

No comments: