Thursday, October 29, 2015

Vignettes

Photo by Sally L. Smith

...the joy of the Lord is your strength.


I take pleasure in the little things in life.  I love making little vignettes of items I enjoy...bottles, pretty weeds, rocks, things made by my children and grandchildren, feathers, leaves, rose hips.  I know to the average eye, most of these things should go into the burn pile but not at my house.  My family can attest to my baskets of rocks, collections of buttons, bags of lace and hankies, old torn up books.  Why do I like these things?  I have no idea but re-purposing old and useless things gives my joy.  These things on my window sill may never find a place on my "Re-purposed Items" list but they have a place in my kitchen.  Just looking at them gives me joy and reminds me to thank God for all of his creations.  
His joy is my strength.

No comments: