Sunday, May 20, 2007

Four Years and One Baby Ago

It was four years ago this month when my daughter got married. I asked her to send a copy of the cross stitch I did for her and her husband for their wedding. This was enough to make me stay away from cross stitching for life (well, almost--I've done some very small things since.) It took me four months to complete it with my working 3-4 hours a day and a 15-hour a week college teaching job. Needless to say, I didn't do much more than that in that time frame. She does love it and it hangs in her daughter's room now. Hope I'm around for her wedding.
My daughter is not a decorator. She doesn't do knick-knacks or cutesy stuff but she does love paintings and impressionist paintings are her favorite. She was looking for an inexpensive poster of this painting and because they were watching their budget, they decided to hold off. In the meantime, I thought I could reproduce it using my style of quilt art. This is the result. I'm so concerned with copyright laws, I considered not showing this, but I've noticed impressionist works everywhere. Who does own the copyright? Anyone know? The paintings are old enough to be in public domain, but they hang in some museum, right? Oh, well, it hangs in her personal living room museum and she didn't pay for it, for which she's very happy. I'm happy, too. I think it turned out well. Everthing is yarn under tulle except the people made of painted muslin. If this breaks the copyright law, let me know and I'll remove it from my site.

No comments: