Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I made this fiber art quilt for my niece's wedding last month. I got the inspiration and sketched it out on paper then did my clipped yarn fiber art technique and hand embroidery. I figure it took me about 7-8 hours to do it. She seemed to like it. My daughter wants one now--probably not. I did a Paula Vaughn cross stitch for her wedding and it took me 3 months. She wins! The quilt above measures about 9 1/2" by 12" not including the frame, an antique one found at an estate sale--I LOVE OLD FRAMES!


I made this fun little art quilt that measures about 8" x 12 1/2" from the top of the wood to the bottom of the quilt. It took a long time to get it done. I'd pick out things, put them together, look at it, move things around again, add new things, remove things again, blah,blah,blah, finally it's done. The label says: "There's a little Bohemian in all of us." Do you agree?
You can find it on eBay here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320111953211&rd=1&rd=1 until May 14, 07.


MORE ALTERED ART!



These ATCs/ACEOs (Artist Trading Card/Art Card Editions and Originals) measure 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and are on eBay today until May 14, 07. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320111954864&rd=1&rd=1 and


No comments: