Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Thoughts

" 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts,' " Isaiah 55:8-9. All the thinking in the world cannot explain why God does what He does. We may think we understand, but we have just scratched the surface. God will many times reveal His word to us when we read the Bible, the Holy Spirit will guide us into good works, Jesus reveals His life and mission to us so we can follow Him--but understanding it all now is not meant for us. I also have to be careful not to fill my head with every thought imaginable so that there are no thoughts for God. How foolish of me to do that.

I used a trading card as the base, painted, collaged, gelled, etched and dry brushed. It measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

1 comment:

Lennea said...

This verse has been so significant my entire life. I love what you wrote "I also have to be careful not to fill my head with every thought imaginable so that there are no thoughts for God. How foolish of me to do that."

Quieting our own thoughts to hear the Lord is so hard sometimes.

Thanks for mentioning the Art in the Word Yahoo group in your posts this week.
Blessings,
Lennea