Friday, August 31, 2007

Troubles Without Number

Psalm 40:11 states, "O Lord...may your love and your truth always protect me. For troubles without number surround me." This computer problem has been a hassle. I had all my art ready for my daughter to enter for me while I was on vacation, but a power outage ruined my computer and I wound up taking it with me on vacation and having my son-in-law fix it for me. Seems like sometimes things just don't go our way in life. We have to resort to Plans B, C, or D when things go wrong. When I took things into perspective, this was a very minor set back in my life. So many other things go wrong to so many other people that I felt ashamed to think this was so horrible. I'm so grateful I have a wonderful family (many of whom we saw on our vacation), a wonderful husband, and a great and glorious God. I'm not going to "sweat the small stuff" (to borrow a recent book title) when I have so much going for me. Thank the Lord.

This art was made on a watercolor paper base (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). I used newspaper words for the background, a copied image tinted with watercolor pencils and I stippled the edges with paint.

No comments: