Thursday, August 16, 2007

When The Storm Sweeps By

Proverbs 10:25--"When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever." Yes, you may the only one standing. Sometimes the storms of life are overwhelming to the point of destruction. All around you, you see others failing in their walk, wilting from the pressures of life, giving in to the temptation to turn away from God, and finding other things in this world to take the place of the Living Lord. Will we be the only ones standing? I hope so.

This is a fiber art quilt I made for my nephew for his wedding last weekend. It measures about 9" x 11" and is constructed from clipped yarn lain on muslin, covered with tulle, basted, then quilted and embroidered. I used a black binding and mounted it on an artist's frame. It took about 8 hours to complete but I like the results and he did too. He had placed his order last summer when he saw one I had made for my mother-in-law (his grandma.) I don't do many of these anymore, but I think I may be inspired from this one.

No comments: