Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Black and Gold Trinket Necklace




Instead of reading this afternoon, I made a necklace.  I've been collecting little "goodies" for many years now.  I'm drawn to trinkets--love them.  I had no idea what I would do with them but and I couldn't part with them.  This is my third Trinket Necklace and I call this one Black and Gold.  No, not everything shiny on here is gold.  Some things are brass that I polished.  Here are some of the things I used:
assorted vintage earrings, pieces of bracelets, necklaces and a rosary, a religious brass charm, a brass button that says "true fit," polished brass keyhole, dangle from a belt, unknown origin brass filigree cone, rhinestone dangle, and assorted purchased dodads to finish it off.
There are pages of references for the word, "gold," in the Bible.  Here's one of them found in Job 22:21-28.
21 "Submit to God and be at peace with him;
in this way prosperity will come to you.
22 Accept instruction from his mouth
and lay up his words in your heart.
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored:
If you remove wickedness far from your tent
24 and assign your nuggets to the dust,
your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,
25 then the Almighty will be your gold,
the choicest silver for you.
26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty
and will lift up your face to God.
27 You will pray to him, and he will hear you,
and you will fulfill your vows.
28 What you decide on will be done,
and light will shine on your ways.

No comments: