Friday, August 6, 2010

Wings Necklace

My dear friend, Deena, was sweet to model this new necklace for me so I could get a better photo.  I've been wanting to make a "different" necklace and I think this about does it.  The theme is "Wings" and I took my inspiration from Isaiah 40:31--
"but those who hope in the Lord

will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint."
 
I've used dangles from other bits of jewelry, a keyhole plate with the word "wings" inside, a new bee beezel, a charm with the first commandment, lace and ribbon, buttons, a new bird charm, a handmade wire nest with a bead egg and more--all placed on different conjoined links from numerous necklaces and bracelets.  Mixed media in style and Bohemian in nature, this necklace WILL NOT appeal to everyone.  It's a "you either love it or hate it."  I love it but since I don't like to wear jewelry, I'm making myself wear it to see if it's durable enough to sell.  Check back to see what happens to it.

No comments: