Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Love and Faithfulness Necklace


This necklace goes to S'More Couture for a while to see if it sells.  So far the necklace I put in my Etsy shop is being noticed a little but it remains to be seen if it will sell.  These are a bit unusual so they will only appeal to a small audience.  Most think they are interesting but wouldn't want to buy one.  They do get noticed, however.  Not being a jewelry-wearer, I have made myself wear these to see how durable they are.  I've had to "fix" the first one three times but I think I've got all the glitches cured now.  We'll see how this one "wears."

Here are some of the things that went into this necklace:
Assortment of heart charms from forgotten jewelry
assortment of chains from necklaces and bracelets
earring dangles
handmade dangles
a key
a keyhole plate
vintage text
watchmaker's glass vial with watch parts and beads
purchased charms
purchased toggle fastener
lots of time

I'm not great at using tools of any kind but I'm getting a little better each piece I make.  Try it.  You may like it and you can purchase a jewelry-making tool set very inexpensively--or--use your husband's or Dad's or Grandpa's or friend's needle-nosed pliers--or your Mom's if she's into fixing things.

The scripture inspiration comes from Psalm 3:3-4--"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.  Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."

3 comments:

Angie: said...

Oh my goodness! Just the title is beautiful! I love the way that a scripture often springs to my mind when I see your work! 'Let Love and faithfulness never leave you. Bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart...' Prov 3v3~4. Another inspirational piece! Lovely! xx

nancarts said...

Hi Sally,
Am over here after seeing the journal you made on the feathered nest. Really beautiful.
Your necklace is interesting! I have started making some "junky" jewelry, and you're right, it only appeals to certain people! Enjoyed your blog. Have a great day.
Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy

SweetAnnee said...

OH I LOVE IT!!