Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lace Cufflet and Revisions

 I was asked to do a lace cufflet (that's what I call this)/wristlet/bracelet.  When I got this far, I thought I was done until I looked at my notes and read that she also wanted ribbon streamers.
 So...I added the streamers.  I love the embroidery of the lace hankie I used and wanted to keep it's integrity but...
when I took it to the shop, the owner said the lady wanted little flowers on it as well.  Back home and after another hour and a half of work, I had added flowers.  Well, "that's not many," you may think but I also backed it with some nylon, hand stitched.  I've had a cold  or allergies or something for seven days up to this point and I felt horrible but wanted to get this done and mark a notch on my needle (or something like that.)  Amy likes it now and thinks the lady will, too.  She's also going to ask $20.00 more for it than I would because she thinks that's what the other cufflets brought.  I think she's right and I'm not arguing because this one caused me grief and even though I enjoyed the process, it became stressful.  Does creating do that to you sometimes?  When I handed this to her today, she handed back to me a pair of shoes that this gal wants decorated, so... back to the drawing board.  I'm flattered that she likes my work well enough to ask for more.  That's the verification I need to keep going.

1 comment:

Sandra Tyler said...

found you by way of fibermixedmedia -- I like your range! Domino necklaces are interesting... I'm at:


http://sandrasfiberworks.blogspot.com/