Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reconstructed Tee Shirt Just For Me

Yes, I did; I made this for me.  I've been wanting to do something with this scooped-neck T-shirt since winter but have put it off until now.  I just got the urge and had to follow through.  It took me a couple of hours, mainly because I kept making mistakes with the flower.  The scoop was way too low for me so I put tucks in the front neckline, made a flower and sewed it on the tucked place.  I cut the sleeves off, but not too short, and ruffled the edges with a zig-zag stitch.  I'm going to wear it today for a while and then to church tomorrow----if it looks good.  It certainly will not look as good as on this dress form since I'm not a size 6 lady--enough said.  The tee looks a little washed out in the photos but it is still a strong black.  It's difficult to photograph black well--at least, for me.

No comments: