Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Remade Outfit

 From this vintage 20's style grey-green silk dress with the inside falling apart, I came up with these looks.
sold
 I removed the ruffled skirt, shortening it about 7 rows down from the waist and removed the ruffles from each sleeve.  Made a flower from a row of ruffle adding pearls to the center and made a silk tie for the waist (a remnant purchased a couple of years ago.)
 The flower is glued to a clip/pin back so it can be versatile--worn either way shown or in the hair.
 Here the tie is tied in the front.
I also made a sequin stretch belt giving this a more fancy, dancy look.  Hoping it's purchased for Homecoming this year.  I'd love to have the money since it took about 8 hours for me to wrestle this.  My problem was a stretch waist and a cranky sewing machine.  I'm happy with the results so I guess it's worth it ... if it sells

No comments: