Friday, August 19, 2011

What to do with a full slip

 Amy gave me this very old and well-loved black slip with gorgeous brown, yes, brown, lace.  Now who would have thought?  I separated the bottom from the top at the length I wanted the skirt,...
 ...attached a black stretch camisole,...
 ...added a large flower from the slip fabric, the brown lace and a vintage crystals center--VOILE!, a cute and dressy outfit.  The slip had been ravaged by wear so I wound up sewing both seams and trimming little toots of threads everywhere.  I used the remaining lace from the bodice for the flower along with a strip of fabric from the slip below the bodice.  It was the perfect amount.

I think it turned out beautifully and so did Amy.  Now on to one more piece I have in my stash from Amy.  Tune in for a transformed table cloth.

No comments: