Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remodeled Dress

 It all started with a cute little sheath dress with straps and
 oodles of these black roses with olive ribbon leaves.  As you see, I've removed, with great difficulty, all the roses (each pock mark was a rose) and I underpinned these three to show how it might have looked.  Unfortunately each rose was attached with a brad or two so I wound up with a mess.
sold
 Here's the finished product.  I've removed one strap, closed the back pleat opening, added tulle to the remaining strap, ruched tulle to the bodice and tulle tufts to the bottom of the dress. 
I added a removeable feather and rhinestone/pearl brooch that can also be worn in the hair or on a purse.  I like it and if I were much younger, would wear it in a minute.  I love black anyway.  My dresses have been selling at S'more Couture so I keep making them.  I love remodeling a vintage dress and making it for today.  This one was a late 70's-early 80's Tina Hagen, who was actively making dresses until about 1985 until she went into home decorating.  I like the finished product but sometimes the work is difficult.  Seeing ones like this make it worth it, though.

No comments: