Thursday, January 26, 2012

Art Challenge

Relics in Peoria is having an art challenge this year.  They are checking out old encyclopedia volumes into which people can put something creative, since the word for the year at Relics is "create."   When the year is completed, they will be displayed at a First Friday's Gallery Event and then they will be donated as a collection to the Peoria Historical Society.  My submission is a take-off on a Christmas ornament I sold this past Christmas.  It's called "And the Angel Said," a title taken from Luke 2:10--'And the angel said unto them, "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."  I thought it fitting to place it next to an article about The Shroud of Turin.

I used old lace, white and tea-stained cheese cloth, metallic ribbon, stick-on rhinestones, feathers and a copy of a vintage angel.

Off to finish the cross-stitched blanket since my lunch date was cancelled.  I hope to post a photo of it tomorrow.

No comments: