Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Can't Do Just One Thing

Dyed Agate, Charcoal Stone, Silvertone Beads

Silvertone, Crackle Agate Amber Rounds, Crystal Black Quartz Nuggets

Fluffy Pistachio Yarn

Wedding Necklace



I don't know why but I can't just do one thing at a time.  I had been working on the cross-stitch project for two days but the call of knitting and jewelry-making was strong in my heart.  My house is a wreck all the time with lurking projects in every corner and on every flat space.  If I were ever put in isolation, I think I'd take apart my sweater and create a necklace--or something.  I'm obsessed with creating.  I love to work at it and I do WORK.  Most of the time things don't just fall into place--not for me.  It's the rare occasion when that happens.  I spent all morning today putting together "wedding necklace."  S'more Couture is starting a wedding section and I'm working to fill it, bit by bit.  I saw a gorgeous necklace in the background of some fabric flowers photo and I fell in love with it.  This is a rendition of it.  The top two necklaces are my version of green with gray--seemingly the newest fashion color trend.  The second one I actually made for myself.  I thought "very long" was a different way to knit a scarf, so there it is.  Now, back to the cross-stitching.

1 comment:

Sandra Tyler said...

I think it's great you keep different projects going at once. And yes, if I were in isolation. I'd probably
Pick apart my clothes to and make a collage or something...love your jewelry.