Monday, January 2, 2012

Whirlwind Christmas

Flower Hair Clips

BlHankie for Stuffed Dog (back)


BlHankie for Stuffed Dog (front)


Presenting The Quilt


The Family Elves

I got to see all of my family this Christmas but we had to really travel a lot to do so and visit two families separately but it was worth it. 

 My grandgirls got chiffon hair clips but I didn't want to leave out the three-year old grandboy in the presentation so I made a BlHankie (Hankie Blankie) for him.  He was thrilled as were the girls.  I made enough for them to choose a couple each (I have 5 girls).  It's difficult thinking of handmade things for boys--seven of which didn't get anything handmade.  They are all over eleven years old so I don't think they missed anything.  Purchased gifts were enough for them.  I'm going to have to do some research on that one for the future, though.  

I presented the quilt I pieced and my husband quilted to our granddaughter and she was adequately pleased.  Now, on to quilt #10 with only four more to go after it. 

The elves visited my sister's house.  The big one is my oldest son.  The story of the outfit goes something like this:
The person doing the announcements in church asked for his help and asked him to wear his most "Christmasy clothes."  Because of my son's wacky brain, he chose this outfit.  Uh-huh.  We have a lot of fun at our house.
The littlest elf, quilt-girl, was dressed as herself.

I'm thankful that God allowed all of us to get together.  We had way too much food and not enough time but at least we got to hug each other, exchange gifts and talk a little.  That's enough to carry me through until we can be together again.


No comments: