Monday, January 23, 2012

Pretties Have Taken My Time

Birthday Card for Oldest Son


Bib Necklace on Pearls


Sweater Before


Sweater After
I did spend a day on my cross stitch blanket and the other two days I spent making pretties.   My oldest son got a "token" card from me.  You might say I threw it together but maybe what I placed inside the card will make up for my iffy jiffy art. 
I made a bib necklace of pinks and creams and placed it on the side of a pearl necklace.  I just sewed the roses on lace fabric backing, cut around the lace and literally sewed the whole piece on the necklace.  It worked and I like the way it looks and it wears well.  (Yes, I do try out my works sometimes to see if they stay in place and do what I want them to do.)
I was commissioned to rework a sweater.  She hated the animal fur trim so I removed all of it and replaced it with a field of flowers.  She's the one who purchased my first pink and cream bib necklace and wanted me to do the same thing for the sweater.  My next one will be gray and cream with bronze on a crystal necklace--at least that's what's been in my mind.  Stay tuned.

No comments: