Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ready?

Photo from Personal Files

At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

Matthew 25:1-4

My daughter called last night:  "Do you have your flashlights ready?   Do you know where your candles are?  Do you have oil in your lamps?"

 It had been raining all day and my lessons were cancelled due to the threat of an ice storm.  All day I enjoyed watching the ice collect on the branches outside my back door, however, I was not ready for the storm.  I didn't have my flashlights, candles or lamps.  I actually knew where they were and that is amazing having moved in our house just 2 1/2 months ago and not all of the boxes have been emptied.  We went to work gathering and filling.   We were ready!  The storm came and went and we didn't have to use them (and I'm grateful) but we were ready just in case.

Have we done all we've been called to do?  Are we ready to meet the Master (Bridegroom) when He comes again?  I think I have more gathering to do.

No comments: