Saturday, January 19, 2013

Stars

Photo used under the condition of Attribution
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en
from robin_24 on flickr

Philippians 2:14-16

New International Version (NIV)
 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”  Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

This scripture speaks loudly to me.  First, I grumble and argue. I am not blameless and pure.  I'm like the children of God who disobeyed Him and I live in a "warped and crooked generation," as described in Moses' song in Deuteronomy 32.  I'm not too shiny either--not like a star at all...more like a rain cloud.  I do trust God's word and I believe He means what He says... but do I show that I do?  Hmmm, I don't think so, not all the time.  Paul taught the Philippian Christians through this letter and his words are still valid today. Now, if I'll just be a doer of the word and not a hearer only (James 1:22)

No comments: