Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tears in a Bottle

I feel so limited sometimes.  As I age I'm confronted with inabilities I've never had before.  Last semester it was music--not being able to learn as quickly as I needed to learn and corrected by a professor over and over.  I'm accompanying voice students and it takes more than sight reading to learn a piece of music.  Unfortunately, I've had to learn pieces very quickly and I don't have them securely in my fingers.  It's been a lot of stress and I've shed many tears.  I've turned to the Lord on many occasions these past few months for many reasons and he's brought me through.  Even the professor eased up a bit and we actually became friends.  God is so good and cares so much for us.  Now, if only I'd remember this the next bump in the road and call on him immediately instead of waiting for the tears to come.

"You keep track of all my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in your bottle.  You have recorded each one in your book."
Psalm 56:8
(photo from personal files)

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Sally, it is good to see you back on your blog. I've missed you!

Please don't be harsh on yourself because you are not playing the music the first time like Rubinstein. I would give a small fortune (no, a big one!) just to be able to play as well as you do today. You are my music hero and always will be.

It's good that the prof is now your friend. Otherwise I would have to go and have some words with him. :)

If you were here I would give you a hug and tell you that I love you.

Sally L. Smith said...

Thanks for the virtual hug and good words, Tommy.