Monday, October 21, 2013

A Clarion Call



 I will sing and play music for you with all that I am. 
 I will start playing my harps before the sun rises. 
 I will praise you, LORD, for everyone to hear; 
 I will sing hymns to you in every nation. 
Psalm 108:2-3

I've been enjoying substituting for the organist at West Jackson Baptist Church (not the organ pictured)and I will be substituting again at another church in town today...playing for a funeral. 
It's interesting for me to play the different instruments in town and I like the challenge of adjusting to each.
Each instrument is unique.  Even the same "brand" can have a totally different sound depending on its placement in a room.  Each has a different touch and arrangement of stops (those knobs you see to the side that open the pipes up to sound.)  
I feel privileged to be able to fill in and honored to do so.  God has been so good to me to allow me to serve in this way
and
on many occasions, I have made music "before the sun rises."

(The above photo is the organ at St. Patrick's in Dublin.)


No comments: