Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Safety in Hope


Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
    but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

Now I'm afraid to go to the Mall.  Not that I go that much but with all the trouble across the globe, I guess we really can't feel safe anywhere.  I don't know why 67 Christians along with many innocents were killed in Kenya last week.  I ask "why?," as do many others.  I must continue to trust the Lord because I know he knows best.  
In reading a letter from a missionary who lived adjacent to that Mall, I am pleased to announce that the remaining Christians in that area are not daunted.  They suffer sadness at the loss of the lives of their friends but have the hope that God has provided the ultimate safety for them in His eternity.  I must be content with that knowledge as well...but I still have internal conflict.





No comments: