Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Not Just Saying It


 Let the message of Christ
 dwell among you richly 
as you teach and admonish one another 
with all wisdom 
through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, 
singing to God
 with gratitude in your hearts.
Colossians 3:16

I've been around 10 of my 14 grandchildren this week and have observed the teaching of Thankfulness.  I remember doing the same things...instilling the politeness of saying "thank you."
True thankfulness, however, comes from the heart.  When one is truly thankful, even the little things have mega-meaning.  Thankfulness should be genuine and not just superficial...not that teaching politeness is not important, it is.  The world is way too impolite today and saying "thank you" does make one aware of another's acts of goodness.  True thankfulness, on the other hand, can only be experienced through the working of God in one's heart.  
I'm going to try and find the simple things for which I'm thankful...things I take for granted on a day to day basis...like a simple breakfast...so basic yet enjoyed.  Everything I have comes from God, even the bad things, I just don't acknowledge His goodness enough.

By the way, Lord, I'm really thankful that I was able to be with those 10 grandchildren and thankful for the 4 I didn't get to see...
what gifts!





No comments: