Friday, November 1, 2013

Perfect Peace


The Lord gives perfect peace
 to those whose faith is firm.
Isaiah 26:3
 Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

I needed this kind of peace yesterday afternoon as the jitters set in before playing for the Women's Chorus concert.  Many times a semester I had asked for God's calming as I attempted to play music I'd practiced and was still learning yet had to play for their rehearsals.  This was the performance.  Those who know me well know how nervous I get prior to performance.
  
God works.

I trusted Him completely and realized that I can do absolutely nothing without Him.  He gave me enough peace to drift off to sleep for a while and awaken to total serenity.
The performance when very well and I was pleased and grateful.

Ahh, Perfect Peace is a wonderful gift.

No comments: