Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Word In Our Hearts


How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:8-11

My grandchildren are home schooled (the photo above is a borrowed child).  Along with their daily teaching, they are also taught God's Word. This isn't something that just home school teachers can do.  This is something every Christian parent and grandparent are expected to do but, alas, many do not.  Unfortunately, we did not push memorization of God's Word in our home, though we used His Word in our conversations.  We allowed the church to do this for us but unfortunately, most churches do not have their children memorize scripture either.  It only takes one generation for the Word to disappear.




No comments: