Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Giver


 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said,
 “Anyone who wants to be first 
must be the very last,
 and the servant of all.”
Mark 9:35

I found this picture of some of my grandchildren while tromping through my picture files the other day.  This family has added another since that shot and that was about 6 years ago.  It always warms my heart when my grandchildren (and others) give up their "place in line" to another.  The biggest sacrifice is offering the last piece of meat, lasagne or dessert...but they do, on occasion.  They've been taught by their parents to share and that servanthood is expected of the Christian.  They've also experienced that they, too, receive a blessing by doing so.  It feels good to give.  Thank you, Lord, for being the ultimate Giver and teaching us to do the same.

Picture from my personal files

No comments: