Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Beautiful Shadows


We are merely moving shadows,
    and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
Psalm 39:6 (NLT)


Does is ever seem like you were busy all day and nothing was accomplished?  It happens a lot with me.  
I read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, and I like her thoughts, though in my estimation they are a little fragmented.  One of them is to make every moment count.  Now, that is not a new thought but the way she puts it is interesting.  Instead of complaining about what we are doing or not doing, consider the moment as a gift...whether that moment is good or bad.  Then, document it in some way.
  She decided to make lists of all the things that made her happy or that she considered to be beautiful.  It's a great way of looking at life and it has changed my perspective.  I seem to enjoy the day more when I'm looking for the beauty in it.






1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

I too read and adopted Ann's idea. It has been a very dramatic process for me. I chuckled to myself when I read the "fragmented" comment, I did not see her writing style that way, but then maybe that is because I tend to function in a bit of a fragmented way. I find her writing very gritty and very real and very much a person I could see myself spending time with.

Just a note - I am not sure how I found your blog, but I first followed because of the pretty pictures, then I started reading and pondering. Such a blessing - you are such a blessing.