Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Give Up!


I, the Lord All-Powerful,
have made these plans.
 No one can stop me now!
Isaiah 14:27

Snow, ice, blazing heat, floods, fire...
Really, we're fine with our 1/4 inch of snow over our 1/8 inch of ice.  Everything is cancelled here in West TN for the second "snow day" anyway.  
Now, all of you who have received your 10th 6 inches, here's the rub.
How do we handle the "over-the-top" things that occur around us?  How do we deal with too much pain, sorrow...or even too much snow? 
 My computer not accepting my password, learning how to use my smart phone or not having the right ingredients for supper are just drops in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.  I still get extremely frustrated when I can't be in control of my situation.  What do we do when we've done all we can?

After I've IMploded I usually gain my wits about me, usually when I've EXploded at my husband (poor man), and finally realize it is temporary.  Only then do I turn it over to God.  He is the only one who can give me the peace I need to meet the circumstance...both large and small.
Silly me for waiting so long and, let's face it, some things we just can't change.

No comments: