Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Calm Yourself

"Fall and Winter Collide" photo by Rachel Kramer (CC BY 2.0)

I do not concern myself with great matters
    or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed and quieted myself,....
Psalm 131:1-2

This photo by Rachel Kramer looks so much like what Bill and I see as we walk down the path behind our house.  There are deer everywhere and it's so peaceful.
I wish I could take this scripture to heart every day but I'm an alarmist.  I allow situations to push me over the edge and panic/Satan attacks.  Once in panic mode, it takes a heap of control to not totally lose it.  Thank you, Mom.  I blame her but I'm really to blame.  I know better now and sometimes I can actually calm myself...with the Lord's help only.  Maybe if I etch this picture in my brain, it will help.
Have a peaceful day.



No comments: