Saturday, November 1, 2014

Persecution? Us?

"Preach It Man" photo by Robert Meeks (CC BY 2.0)

But you must resist the devil
 and stay strong in your faith.
 You know that all over the world 
the Lord’s followers are suffering
 just as you are. 
1 Peter 5:9

Someone took my parking place at church.
The traffic is going to make me late.
I have to take out the trash because my husband didn't do it...again.
My grandchildren are bugging me...  
Why are they so loud?
It's raining so I'm not going to church.
Prayer meeting...not for me...
I have to clean house.
Work in the nursery?...Not me!
Volunteer?  Ask someone else.
I have to bring snacks again?!  Why can't he/they/she do it?
(I could go on but you think of some.)

We think we suffer!


Where are we going to find water?
I haven't eaten in three days.
My children are starving.
We are living behind a garbage heap.
My child was killed by government agents.
My husband was put in prison for preaching God's word.
They cut off my son's arm because we held a church service.
 For more info try: The Voice of the Martyrs


Pray for the persecuted Christians around the world...and stop complaining.
(I'm preaching to myself  but if you want, you can take it home.)






No comments: