Thursday, November 13, 2014

Rest For The Soul

"Andrew Haydon Park" photo by Vivid Lime on Flickr (CC BY 2.0)

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." 
 Psalm 62: 5-8

It seems that when winter comes people give up their fight for living.  We've had three deaths this week...members of our church.  There are so many others on my mind and heart who are struggling...trying to hang on to some semblance of life.  At times we just want to give up and we lose hope.  
One of the friends whose son's brain tumors are being retreated posted this scripture on Caringbridge yesterday.  The days/weeks/months/years of the roller coaster ride of keeping their son alive must be grueling yet they keep their hope in God.
Another friend's daughter is fighting her way back from death's door yet the family has trusted that God is in control and the Giver of Peace to their souls.
Hold on to the Rock today if things get rocky around you.
He doesn't let go when everything else turns loose.





No comments: