Thursday, November 20, 2014

Songs and Thanksgiving

"Singing of Love" photo by Sally L. Smith
I will praise God’s name in song
 and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30


Music is my calling; art is my passion.
I've been doing both since I was a young child.  The only difference is that God actually called me to be a musician.  It was always work.  Art, on the other hand, is work but also pleasure.  Don't get me wrong.  It feels good to praise God in song and I'm blessed to still be able to do so in some form or another.  I get great satisfaction after long hours of practice (that are much longer now since I'm older) when the piece goes well.  I give what I do in church as an offering to the Lord.  I don't like to present less than the best to Him.

(Above is a little snippet I placed in a notebook along with other vignettes and offered it for sale many years ago.  I'll be resurrecting a few examples in these days before Thanksgiving.  There are SO many verses that connect songs to thanksgiving and  I feel blessed to combine my art with my music.)

No comments: