Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Conforming


"making "Dontcha Wish Your Cell Phone Was Hot Like Me?" by Steve Rhodes is licensed under CC BY 2.0



Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.


I've been forced to conform!
Yikes!  I hate to be forced to do anything and yet I'm stuck in a society that is not able to sit at the table and have a meaningful conversation without a phone in their hand.  I had to be able to text to communicate with the parents of my piano students regarding lessons.  I have to text my supervisor at church (his preferred mode of communication.) 

If I really want someone to answer me, I have to text them.
Do they actually get my message?
Will they read their texts?
Will they respond?
I'm sorry, but this is not the best way to communicate!  Stop the world!  I want to get off! 

 Wait. 
Everyone is doing it.
It is socially acceptable.
I'll look like an idiot if I don't do it.
They will think I'm not With It.
Sound familiar?

How many times have we missed or ignored God's text for our lives because we are too busy fitting into the world?

I'm having trouble counting the times.
My phone just beeped; hang on........


No comments: