Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Prayer of Remembrance


"Italy" by Moyan Brenn is licensed under CC BY 2.0

 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, 
may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, 
so that you may know him better. 

 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened
 in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you,
 the riches of his glorious inheritance
 in his holy people, 

 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. 
That power is the same as the mighty strength  he exerted 
when he raised Christ from the dead,...
Ephesians 1:17-20 NIV


I know that if I walk in my own wisdom, I'm doomed to a day of running in circles.
I know that when I search for Him, He will reveal himself to me.
I know that sometimes I have shut my heart's eyes and have missed the hope He had prepared for me to see.
I know that many times I miss asking for the strength that only He an give me. I forget how much power He has and that He wants to share some with me.
I need to remember this every day...
but I don't.  
These truths are snatched away from me by Deceiver.  He fools me into thinking I can do this by myself.  
Silly me.

No comments: