Monday, December 17, 2007

Caleb and Jarett


Romans 1:7b--"I pray that God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ will be kind to you and will bless you with peace!"
This is my second grandson, Jarett, who is also 12. What fun to have my first two grandchildren just 50 days apart. Jarett is such a sweet boy and I love him so much. He's such a good big brother to his two brothers and sister. Jarett was being home schooled for the first time this past Fall and seems to be doing well. He loves the great outdoors, enjoys riding his bike and playing computer games. He has a gentle nature and I see great things in his future. He enjoys helping others.


Romans 1:7--"God loves you and has chosen you to be his very own people."
This is my first grandchild, Caleb. He's an avid reader and at age 12 he's deep into the classics. His mom is homeschooling him and his other 5 siblings and doing a great job. He's also into reading the most famous book, The Holy Bible. For fun he listens to sermons on his mp3 player. He has the most awesome memory and is a wonderful big brother to his brothers and sisters. I love Caleb so much.

Both of these boys love the Lord and I pray they will listen to the Lord's guidance in their lives. They can both do great things for God.

I had the notion of making altered art cards of all my grandchildren the eleven days before Christmas. I don't know that this will be done but I'm starting by adding two today. This will be a tremendously big week for me, as it will be for most Americans--the week before Christmas. We'll see what happens. Of course, because it's blogger, I've got the boys in the wrong order on this page.

Both of these pieces of art started as playing cards on which I added an altered image of the boys along with other ephemera and book binding materials. I either stained or painted to add age to each card.

2 comments:

Brett Smith said...

Awesome boys ... awesome art. Thanks for being such and wonderful grandma.

SweetAnnee said...

What wonderful grands you have my dear friend!!
I love all the art work!!
a great bunch of tree ornies they'd make too
fondly, deena