Thursday, December 20, 2007

Zach and Emma

Exodus 31:1--"I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts--to make artistic designs...."

Zachary is next in line. Four boys in a row in three years' time. This one is an artist who can reproduce cartoon characters. Here he has drawn one of the "Cars" characters. He also makes up his own and will cover the page with action shots of "things" in all positions. He has a very vivid imagination. When I was ready to make his quilt, I asked him if he had an idea of a design and he immediately sat down and drew a pattern (age 7), colored it and told me how he wanted it pieced. OK, a boy who knows what he wants. He's nine years old and is being homeschooled with his brother, Jarett. I love Zach so much.


"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does," Ephesians 6:7.

Our first girl! Wow, that was exciting. Emma was born three months after Zach. You'd never find a sweeter child. She is the epitome of a servant. She sees things that need to be done and does them before you even know you need it. She, like her brothers, Caleb and Joshua, likes to read--especially "American Girl" books. And she's the little mother to her new baby sister. Emma also is a an artist. She and I have exchanged Artist Trading Cards (I have a couple of hers on previous blog entries) and her mother has bought her scrapbook papers and stickers to use. It's a lot of fun being artists together. I love Emma so much.

Both of these cards started as playing cards on which I painted, adhered their image and other ephemera. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint.

No comments: