Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Joshua

Proverbs 20:11--"Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right."
Joshua is Caleb's brother and he'll be eleven next month--catching up to his brother. The second child many times has to prove himself worthy as compared to his older sibling. Although these two have their disagreements, they are few. Joshua is into needlework. Everytime we're together he wants to help me fix sock monkeys, cross-stitch or knit--whatever I happen to be doing when I visit his family. I helped Joshua make his own scarf last summer--so hot outside you could fry an egg on the concrete. It looks great, too, so I made this card as remembrance of this event. He's such a sweet natured boy, but a fierce competitor. He doesn't like to lose and it's been a battle developing the right attitude when playing a game, but he's done it. The last game I saw them play he was actually happy playing the game and he didn't care whether he won or not. I love Joshua so much.

This card started as a playing card on which I adhered an image of Joshua, old music and other ephemera. I etched in gel medium around the edge.

1 comment:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Your items are sooooo beautiful!!! And I am so amazed at how your heart for God shines through all you do! You have a gift, and I thank you for sharing it with us! God Bless you! Cora