Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Breaking Through the Facade

1 Samuel 16:7--"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

We put on a front; we smile when we're really sad; we can't let people really know what we think. We can fool some of the people some of the time, but we can't fool God. He knows our true thoughts and feelings. He knows if we really love him. He knows how we really feel about our neighbor/friend/family. He knows our past. It's very difficult to break through the facades we build for ourselves, but it is freeing when we do.

I used a vintage image on a playing card and typed a bunch of words that used to go through my head that come from my past. I stained the words but it didn't turn out the way I wanted (I've really tried to loose those words and don't want to revisit them so it's just as well.) So, I thought using flowers through which this girl is trying to emerge would be appropriate. I rolled back some of the cut paper, the under side of which I had painted black.

No comments: