Monday, September 22, 2008

New Book of Scripture Art Finished Today

Cover: I used a transparency over printing on colored paper. I added seam binding with a buckle, the edge of an old quilt, a coin charm, an antiqued bell and sheer ribbon to the edge.
Page 1: I used metal strips and a brass heart to make the cross and added lace to the bottom of the page.
Page 2: I used old buttons and added blue perle cotton thread. I added glitter glue and paper flowers on the left and decorative glitter and paint on the right.
Page 3: I stamped the design using gesso and added a piece of measuring tape, frayed ribbon, old lace and paper flowers. I added a bead dangly on the edge (that can't be seen.)
Page 4: I used glittered baby's breath, transparencies, old lace, a button, a velvet leaf and flowers, ribbon, a charm on a safety pin in cloth and a letter sticker. The photo is from my private collection.

No comments: