Monday, September 22, 2008

Page 5: The bird is raised by a glue dot and I used glitter glue to highlight the roses.
Page 6: I stuck little odds and ends in the "pot" on the left and added a praying hands charm on a safety pin in the right. The child is raised off the page by glue dots. The bracket on the right extends off the top of the page by 1/2".
Page 7: I added buttons with original thread on the left. I used a transparency of a tree on the left and of a hymn and an angel on the right.
Back: I used decorative paper and a transparency of the scripture on the back and signed and dated the book. Waxed linen thread holds the pages together.

The scripture used is from Philippians 4:1-7:
Stand firm in the Lord, dear friends!
I plead with [you] to agree with each
other in the Lord….Rejoice in the
Lord always….Let your gentleness be
evident to all….Do not be anxious about
anything, but in everything, by prayer
and petition, with thanksgiving, present
your requests to God. And the peace of
God, which transcends all under-
standing, will guard your hearts and
your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:1-2,4-7

Each page illustrates the scripture and each verse is placed on the page to the left of each picture. I enjoyed doing this book and it was good to get back to creating with all my equipment. I did a little creating while I was gone but I was limited in what I could do. I wouldn't trade my time with my daughter and her family for the world but it is good to be home.

This book can be purchased in my Etsy shop. See the side panel on the right of this blog and it will give you easy access by clicking on the picture of this book. I hope to sell it but if I don't, I'll enjoy it or give it as a gift to one of my family members. (They all expect my art rejects for Christmas or birthdays anyway.)

2 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Your book is beautiful!

Gaby Bee said...

This book ia absolutely stunning! LOVE, LOVE it!
Gaby xo