Monday, September 29, 2008

The Shelter of Your Wings

Psalm 61:4--"I long to...take refuge in the shelter of your wings."

I love the "wings" scriptures! Life is difficult at times and I try to seek comfort in worldly things like people, food, art, books--to name a few. Why don't I turn to the only one who can give me true comfort......the Lord, Almighty? When I do, I feel his protection and care. I feel calmed and still. I feel like I can go on. He is the refuge-giver, the Prince of Peace.

I used the idea of a piece I did quite a while ago. I used the same vintage image and a different set of wings. I collaged on a 6 x 6 artist's canvas, added textures and painted it. I adhered the wings and painted the girls dress, blotting out the flowers on it (the original had the girl holding a bouquet and a basket of flowers.) I bended the wings and placed them in her hands. I added glitter glue to the wings and various other things and glued flowers and butterflies in place. I cut the words from an old children's dictionary. I'm going to put this on Etsy so I'll have four other angles to this picture on that site.

1 comment:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Sally.
I love taking a peek at your blog and art. Thank you again for sharing your art and your inspirations. Times do get tough for all of us...we just need reminders as to where we should get out strength and encouragement during those times. The Bible. Your art is beautiful!
Sharon