Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Keys to Life

1 Corinthians 13:13--"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. but the greatest of these is love."

This scripture always makes me think even after reading it scores of times. It's many times used as a devotional scripture reading at weddings. Because I am an organist, I play for weddings, so I've heard this many times as well. Every time I read or hear it, I am always convicted that I don't love enough. This scripture brings out the fact that I'm too selfish to love enough. I get carried away in speaking, clanging, obtaining knowledge and, yes, even having faith (to name a few). Oh, for the love of Christ to permeate my soul to the point that I could portray even a tenth of what is in this chapter! Am I willing to give this much? Christ did.

This is a chipboard tag on which I collaged, stamped, stained, painted and added other ephemera. I stained some old keys and added the words, "faith, hope, love." The tag and images come from Shabby Cottage Studio.

No comments: