Monday, June 15, 2009

Real Art Finally

I've finally made a "real" piece of art just because I wanted to do it. Ever since I picked up this rusty piece of metal whatever, I've been itching to make something-- but didn't know what. It all came together after a long nap (I had Vacation Bible School today). Since I was rested and unstressed, it seemed to just flow. Our Bible Point for today was "God Is With Us" through all the ups and downs. He's my shelter and my rock and I depend on him for everything. I call this "Shelter" but I'll have to live with this for a while before I put it up for sale.

Psalm 31:19-20--"In the shelter of your presence you hide them (those who take refuge in you).

I collaged a kid's canvas and made the back the front. I cover the wood with book binding material, a spine from a pamplet, sandpaper, old text margins, an image of bird eggs, string and cheese cloth. I edged the canvas with the gathered waists of a child's and a doll's dresses and old lace. A corner of an old hankie is the background. I hammered the metal piece with an old upholstery tack and used two more tacks on the top edge around which I tied two sheer ribbons. I added the word, "shelter" and its definition, feathers, lace, old towel edges and a Paper Whimsy photo.

No comments: