Thursday, June 4, 2009

Springtime c 1300

It's a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I made some art--a small journal. I love this picture of the two friends and I used the title of an old English poem gleaned from an old brittle, falling-apart book of literature. I'm thinking these ladies are a little more contemporary than 1300, but it fit. Again, I love using old things on new works. Look closely and you can see the gathered part of a skirt I cut from a faded and well-worn child's dress. Don't gasp; it was torn and stained and worthless and wasn't old enough to be a relic. I'm grateful that God doesn't throw out the old and stained, aren't you?
2 Corinthians 5:17--"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come."

No comments: