Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Friends Journals


I have a series of New Friends Journals coming up that I'm putting in S'More Couture in the coming weeks. When the weather gets cool, people start thinking about Christmas--well, I do anyway. I still have three grandchildren with birthdays before Christmas but I'm still thinking about gifts for all. This makes a nice gift for a friend's birthday or "just because." I used a small stitched notebook, added lovely background (Shabby Cottage Studio), and a copy of a lovely print, ribbons (silk, satin and antique velvet), new rick-rack, muslin selvege, sheer selvege, a word from an old dictionary and tatted lace. I gessoed the black binding between the torn backgrounds of the front and back. I next added a leaf button, a shell button and a pink glass bead to the silk ribbon. It looks very girly and sweet. The scripture I used and placed inside is from Proverbs 27:9--"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel."

No comments: