Monday, January 31, 2011

Quiet Saturday's Creations


Look closely at the bottom photo, flower on the left, and you'll see that I stamped this strip to make this flower.  The stamping is very light and I like it.  It's just muslin and I've seen others doing this before and have always wanted to since seeing how lovely the strips are.  I tea-dyed the tan one and it matched the printing perfectly.  The other headband flowers are made of difffernet lace.  Seems the minute I hit the door (and went to my computer), I was ready to create.  My husband is doing very well mending from his radiation ordeal but he sleeps a lot--much healing to be done.  I took advantage of the naptimes and created.  Handcrafting is such therapy for me.  Seems my "wounds" were healed during his naps, too.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

You know, Sally, there is an old saying that a man needs something completed at the end of the day to prove that he has been alive..

This has to hold true for women as well, and ofttimes they have less opportunity than a man does to make something that they can look at and know that they had accomplished something material. I'm delighted that you have this opportunity, and delighted that you get so much satisfaction from it! Good for you! Don't stop..

Tommy