Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tiered Lace Full Skirt

SOLD

 I made this skirt from
 this skirt. 
The bottom ruffle is actually the back of the skirt.  I removed the top layer which left the underskirt on which I applied layers and layers of different kinds of lace.  It's taken me all week adding one or two rows at a time.  Pick the lace, sew the gathering stitch, gather the lace, pin on the lace and sew it.  It's certainly not perfect but this is an experiment that I have wanted to try for a long time.  I read recently that lace is back in the fashion world this year.  My tendencies were lacey last year so maybe those items will sell this year.  We'll see.  I have a few more picky things to do yet and maybe next time the photos will be better.  It's been interesting work but I'm not sure I'd want to do another one like this--maybe a pencil skirt with larger matching lace is next.

No comments: